Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Respond immediately to any safety related incidents
- Conduct and coordinate the incident care/investigation process.
- Be a resource for all Toolbox Talk Sessions with Client employees and deliver any safety messages necessary.
- To be a field resource for any safety related question/concerns/issues.
- Develop real-time solutions for the mitigation/elimination of hazards in the field.
- Audit and ensure that all locations are maintained and are in compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Complete and correct any findings from Client Environmental and Shop Safety Audits.
- Conduct field audits to ensure Company/Owner/State requirements are being followed.
- Document audit information to submit to company and owner when necessary.
- Attend any project, shutdown, or task specific pre-planning or coordination meetings to determine safety procedures or hazard mitigation that must take place prior to starting work.
- To be available to assist supervision in daily/task analysis planning prior to commencement of work.
- Audit planning sessions for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintains client standard(s) of safety on all jobsites.
- Projects a positive attitude to encourage safety compliance and awareness by all workers engaged in activity upon client jobsite.
- Coordination and communication exist with other staff members.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Assigned functions are efficiently and effectively completed in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Safety or safety related field from four year college or university; or 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification – CHST, CSP, or other Safety Certification preferred. OSHA 10 or 30 HR, First aid/CPR or other safety certifications may be required.
Required Knowledge – Ability to learn and apply in practice, relevant information from all codes, standards, regulations, Federal and State laws, and all other applicable regulatory documents. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Skills and Abilities – Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer Feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Effective presentation skills and must be able to communicate across all levels, from contractor craftsperson to upper management.
Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.